How to make Coffee, chocolate and walnut cake? The combination of coffee and walnut is a classic but the addition of chocolate adds another layer of flavour to this beautiful cake, ready in just one hour.
- 2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tbsp milk, plus a splash for the icing
- 200g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the tin
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- 75g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 250g mascarpone
- 50g icing sugar
- 75g white chocolate, melted
- 50g walnuts, finely chopped
- STEP 1Heat the oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Butter and base-line two 20cm cake tins with baking paper. Mix together the coffee powder with 1 tbsp boiling water until dissolved, add the milk and mix again.
- STEP 2Put all the remaining cake ingredients with the coffee mixture in a large bowl and use electric beaters to whisk for 2 minutes until light and fluffy. Divide the mix equally between the prepared tins and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer poked into the centres comes out clean. Cool completely.
- STEP 3Put the mascarpone in a bowl and sift the icing sugar into it, beating to combine. Pour in the melted chocolate and mix well, adding a splash of milk if it’s too thick to spread.
- STEP 4To assemble the cake, put one sponge on a serving plate and spread over 1/2 the icing. Sandwich with the second sponge and spread the rest of the icing on top. Finish by sprinkling over the chopped walnuts.
If you want to hear more about our product and services, get in touch with Refreshment Systems (B&Co parent Company) on 0800 169 3686.
Via our Parent contact form.
Or via Enquire button on your right side of the screen.
Check out our social pages for more news and offers that the vending world and RSL are offering.
Our Facebook Page: @Balmforthandco
Our Pinterest Page: @balmforthandco
Our Instagram: balmforthandco