How to make Mexican Coffee? This Mexican spiced coffee, better known as Cafe de Olla, is made with Mexican ground coffee, cinnamon, and raw dark sugar that we call “Piloncillo”. This is a traditional Mexican drink recipe that has been enjoyed by many generations!
- In a medium saucepan, place the water, cinnamon, and piloncillo.
- Turn the heat down and simmer until the piloncillo is dissolved.
- When the water starts boiling, add the coffee, turn the heat off and stir.
- Cover the pot and let it steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer to serve.
- If you would like to add some spirits, a Coffee Liqueur-like Kahlúa is a good choice!
Depending on what time of the day you are drinking this Mexican coffee, there are a few options as to what to eat alongside this cafe de olla.
If you decide to have a mug early in the morning, I prefer to enjoy it with some: