Prepare Cappuccino at Home Myth: cappuccino’s silky magic is beyond the grasp of home baristas. It’s just too delicate of a dance, best left to the cafe.
Truth: great cappuccino is a delight available to discerning coffee lovers, right in their own kitchens. It takes some practice with water, steam and foam, along with the right equipment on your countertop. You’ll want an espresso machine with a built-in steaming wand. And of course, B&Co coffee on hand as your foundation.
A cappuccino is an approximately 150 ml (5 oz) beverage, with 25 ml of espresso coffee and 85ml of fresh milk the foaming action creates the additional volume.
FOR A CAPPUCCINO AT ITS BEST:
- Pour cold milk into a metal steaming pitcher, about a third full
- Release steam from the steaming wand for two seconds to eliminate any residual water
- Dip the tip of the steaming wand into milk and start frothing. As the foam rises and the volume of milk increases, lower the pitcher, always keeping the tip submerged and tilted to create a vortex. Do not mix unnecessarily (i.e. let the natural circulating action do the work)
- Continue steaming until the milk reaches 65 degrees (check via probe-style kitchen thermometer) and its volume doubles
- Tap the base of the pitcher firmly on the countertop to compress the foam
- Prepare an espresso in a large cup (ideally, a cappuccino cup)
- Pour the foamed milk directly into the cup, first aiming for the center, then continuing in a circular motion out toward the rim
- Operate the steam one more time to eliminate any remaining milk residue
THE BEST FOAM
Foam’s consistency depends on the milk’s fat content.
For the most velvety, rich cappuccino, use whole milk. You can substitute low-fat milk, at the sacrifice of some smoothness.
Foam produced from skim milk is light and meringue-like, quick to dissolve.
You can Buy exclusively locally roasted coffee blends and sustainably sourced best tasting coffee beans in and around Yorkshire. With Balmforth and Co you can buy coffee beans that UK recognized and are awarded with a 2 star Great Taste Award.
Balmforth & Co also provides with the option to buy best coffee beans as well as the cheap coffee beans. Not only coffee bean wholesale, but also retail. As a shop owner you would be happy to hear that our customers do have option to get their Barista Training on B&Co. Only the Best Beans for our customers.
Just to let you know, you can also get your very new or refurbished coffee machine from B&Co.
If you want to hear more about our product and services, get in touch with Refreshment Systems (B&Co parent Company) on 0800 169 3686.
Or via Enquire button on your right side of the screen.
Check out our social pages for more news and offers that the vending world and RSL are offering.