How to Make Melitta Pour Over Coffee? How exactly does a pour-over coffee maker work? Surprisingly enough, it’s pretty simple! If you want a good cup of coffee, in your home or on the road, a Melitta Pour Over Cone is a great option. The process is quick and the cleanup is even quicker.
What you’ll need to make Melitta pour-over coffee:
- Melitta Pour Over Cone (plastic or porcelain)
- Paper filter (#2 cone filters)
- Prime Roast coffee, ground medium-fine for a paper filter (#5 grind on an industrial grinder)
- Hot water
- Your favourite mug
The time needed: 5 minutes.
How to Make Pour-Over Coffee with a Melitta Cone
- Put a filter on. Put the filter in a cone and place it on top of a coffee mug.
- Measure out coffee. Measure 2 TBSP of coffee ground medium fine per 8 oz water and disperse into the cone.
- Boil hot water. Boil water and then let it sit for 2-3 minutes after boiling. The ideal temperature is 195-205 degrees Fahrenheit. If the water is too hot it will result in bitter coffee.
- Pour hot water. Pour the hot water into the cone until the coffee becomes saturated. Let bloom for 30 seconds. Continue to pour water, in a circular motion, until the cone is filled. The slower you pour the hot water, the bolder and more developed your cup of joe will be. You can use a gooseneck kettle for precise pouring.
- Remove cone. Remove the cone from the mug and enjoy!
What type of coffee should you use for Melitta pour-over?
It is best to use coffee beans that have been ground to a medium-fine grind in a Melitta pour-over coffee maker. You can browse all of our coffees to find a roast or flavour that best suits your taste. At checkout, just select “Medium-Fine (Chemex, Melitta)” as the ground type, and you’ll have freshly ground coffee ready to be used in your Melitta delivered to your doorstep in no time!